Monday, December 14, 2009

The Grinch Stole Our Band

I have played with a community band for about 20 years. The membership has been declining for various reasons and so has our director's health. About a month ago, he announced that he would not be able to return in January. We all decided it was best to dissolve the band. He hopes we may be able to reform in the fall. We will see.

Our last concert was tonight. Among other Christmas music, we played music from the Grinch. I made this card to give our director right before we played it. It has a poem inside about taking these pills to keep away the grinch. The pills are green tic tacs. Thanks to all the splitcoast grinches that I have seen for giving me this idea. It was a needed funny moment. I recently joined a new community band. Hopefully, it will continue to grow so that I still have someplace to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment