Monday, November 30, 2009

Decorating for Christmas



When I was in college, I worked at a mom and pop type jewelry store. As Thanksgiving approached, we were getting excited to see what Mary Claire planned for Christmas decorations. Unlike now, Christmas decorations didn't appear until after Thanksgiving. The Sunday after Thanksgiving was the big day for decorating the store. Dale, Mary Claire, and the other employees, all two of us, reserved that day for decorating each year.
These are some tiles that I made for Christmas. The little moon like thing at the bottom isn't there. That is just the flash. These are a maroon tile that I can no longer find at either of the big two stores. I am going to keep looking when I am out of the area to see if other stores have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment