Thursday, November 12, 2009

Front yard garden






This year we lost 5 oak trees in our front yard. They said it was a combination of age, drought for the last three years, and then the heavy rains we had in June. So my project since labor day has been to replace them and build a garden around the new trees. We eliminated a good chunk of grass and hopefully planted things that are more drought tolerant and Florida friendly.



Well, the last plants are in and all that is left to do is a little bit of edging along the sidewalk, and the fish pond. These pictures are taken from the upstairs window of the new garden. In either picture if you look at the two rings of plants around the trees, between them is where the fish pond is going. Now, I killed the last fish I tried to keep and sold the tank. So...


This is going to be a waterless fish pond. I will post more about the garden and the pond in the next few weeks. It will take a while longer to finish the pond anyway. As this is a craft blog, I will explain the craft involved in the pond as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment